Finally, Home-Study Course to Teach You Maya Modeling & UVing from Scratch, Without Any Prior 3D Knowledge.
- No prior 3d experience/modeling knowledge required
- Learn Maya modeling and UVing as a complete beginner
- Save thousands of dollars from attending college classes
- Save months of wasted time watching irrelevant YouTube tutorials
- 65+ videos and 18+ hours
Maya is the Industry Standard Software for a Reason...
When you launch Maya you are presented with one of the most complex pieces of software you have yet to learn.
The complexity of Maya will overwhelm even a seasoned 3d artist. But at least a seasoned artist knows what to look for. As a beginner you don't know what to begin with. Let alone where to look for it.
Deep diving into Maya by yourself will only overwhelm, frustrate and make you want to uninstall it.
It is the industry standard software for a reason.
YouTube tutorials don't help either. There are too many videos, too many people who shouldn't be talking about it and you have to sift through a lot of crap before you find decent tutorials. By then you've wasted too much time and you are nowhere closer to actually using Maya.
I've been using Maya for 15+ years and I understand how difficult this software is for a beginner. Because I once was that frustrated beginner.
I've been teaching Maya since 2008 on World of Level Design website. I've also taught Maya as a college instructor 1.5+ years in a very intensive program at Dave School. Teaching over 100+ students whom were complete beginners on how to use Maya from scratch in a very short amount of time.
I've seen what beginners struggle with Maya first hand. I don't want you to struggle.
I want you to learn Maya quickly.
I know what it takes to start using it because I've taught it to so many others and seen them begin using Maya in just one week.
What you have here is not just a course but a home-study course packed with direct how-to knowledge gathered from years of experience. Nothing is left to chance. This is the most direct to the point tutorial home study course you will find.
You might be a complete beginner or you might be switching jobs and need to start using Maya or you are a student who wants to not fall behind in class - you need this home-study course.
In the next 3 modules you will finally learn Maya modeling and UVing and you'll be ready to use Maya with confidence you've seen others do.
In Module 1 you will learn how to get started using Maya right away. Interface, navigation, snapping objects, working with objects, pivot points, scene blockouts, building to scale and much more.
In Module 2 you'll discover all the modeling techniques and tools you MUST know to begin modeling. The course doesn't just cover what to use but HOW to use it.
In Module 3 you'll finally understand and know how to UV objects. UVing or UV unwrap is a method of making sure textures will appear correctly on your models. UVing is probably the most misunderstood and frustrating concept to grasp for beginners. But don't worry, I show you exactly what you need to know and how to do it. Many techniques and tips are covered to make sure you understand the UVing process.
What You Will Learn From "Maya Foundation: Home-Study Course":
- Learn the industry standard software package as a complete beginner
- Save months of wasted time watching YouTube tutorials that don’t teach you what you need to know
- Save thousands of dollars attending college classes
- Tutorials have been live tested with hundreds of beginner students who never used Maya before
- Learn all essential shortcuts and menus that will speed up your Maya modeling and UVing
- Master Maya navigation in 8 minutes
- How to use component modes to model objects
- Learn to snap objects to each other, on the grid and how to fully control your objects pivot points
- How to block out your scenes prior to modeling so you get the right scale and dimension of your environments
- Learn over 20+ different modeling tools in Maya
- How to use extrude to create additional geometry from faces and edges
- How to round out your corners on geometry using bevel
- How to use the most versatile and most flexible modeling tool, Multi-Cut to insert extra edges and cut your geometry
- How to close up holes or open-border edges on your models
- How to control soft/hard edges on your 3d models
- How to simplify geometry and merge edges or vertices using the Target Weld
- How to create arches and connect geometry using Bridge
- How to use the new Live Booleans in 2023+ version of Maya and the legacy version of Booleaons prior to 2023
- How to create complex circular or cylindrical shapes from flat surfaces
- How to use the Mirror Tool, Symmetry mode and avoid common pitfalls with Mirror and Symmetry
- How to fix your geometry using Cleanup
- How to setup reference image planes to model from
- How to UV your 3d models - fully explained
- How to quickly work with UV Editor so you can begin UVing
- How to UV Planar Project your meshes correctly
- Learn to use Cut and Sew UVs
- How to UV complex cylindrical shapes in 3 steps (great for wires, ropes, pipes, etc.)
- What is texel density and how to match all UV shells in their texel density
- Why is 0-1 UV space so important and how to lay out your UVs correctly
- How to save a UV Screenshot so you can bring it into Photoshop to texture it
- And much, much more...
Module 1 includes 18 videos (4 hour and 29 min); each video is 1080p HD and mp4:
- Introduction to Module 1 (05:25)
- Setting Up Your First Project (06:56)
- Interface Overview (18:13)
- Viewport Navigation (08:17)
- Viewport Options (09:13)
- Working with Basic Geometry Primitives (28:00)
- Object Component Modes (07:00)
- Axis Orientation: Move, Rotate, Scale Settings (08:30)
- Setting Up Your Grid, Scale and Heads Up Display (15:17)
- Saving, Opening and Starting New Scenes (09:33)
- Geometry Blockout Exercise (1:13:31)
- Snapping Objects and Controlling Pivot Points (32:34)
- Triangles vs Quads vs NGons (03:23)
- Deleting Faces, Edges, Vertices and Making Better Selections (12:38)
- Custom Polygon Display (08:59)
- Deleting Object Construction History (04:42)
- How to Create and Manage Custom Shelves (10:57)
- Using Display Layers (06:10)
Module 2 includes 27 videos (8 hours and 23 min); each video is 1080p HD and mp4:
- Introduction (07:25)
- Scene Setup for Modeling (06:06)
- Combine and Separate (05:54)
- Modeling a Wooden Pallet (26:40)
- Extrude (21:27)
- Modeling a Wooden Crate (14:14)
- Bevel (09:39)
- Insert Edge Loop (05:53)
- Multi-Cut (18:08)
- Modeling a Metal Barrel (39:27)
- Append to Poly and Fill Hole (10:24)
- Hard/Soft Edges and Reverse Normals (15:51)
- Modeling a Cinder Block (15:15)
- Connect Component and Connect Tool (09:43)
- Extract and Duplicate Components (07:20)
- Merge and Target Weld (12:20)
- Bridge (15:28)
- Modeling a Traffic Cone (30:58)
- Booleans Legacy (16:51)
- Booleans 2023+ (26:25)
- Circularize (10:13)
- Extrude Along a Curve (23:37)
- Smooth and Subdivision Modeling (12:32)
- Mirror and Symmetry (22:03)
- Creating Image Planes to Model From (17:12)
- Fixing Your Geometry (29:05)
- Modeling a Wall with a Window Using Image Planes (01:13:35)
Module 3 includes 21 videos (5 hours and 17 min); each video is 1080p HD and mp4:
- Introduction - What Are UVs (07:43)
- Material Overview - Creating and Using Materials on Objects (23:28)
- UV Editor Introduction (16:50)
- Grid Settings (04:10)
- UV Grid Checker Pattern and UV Grid Texture (07:18)
- Automatic Mapping (12:26)
- Planar Projections (36:04)
- Cut and Sew (16:11)
- UVing Simple Cylindrical Shapes (09:50)
- UVing Complex Cylindrical Shapes (10:09)
- UVing Spheres (15:46)
- UV Texel Density (13:16)
- UV Layout (17:40)
- Transform UVs and UV Toolkit (09:45)
- UV Sets and Preserve UVs (06:53)
- Saving UV Screenshot (10:07)
- UVing Wooden Pallet (08:53)
- UVing Cinder Block (14:09)
- UVing Metal Barrel (16:16)
- UVing Traffic Cone (14:37)
- UVing Wall/Window/Door (45:43)